Duties & Responsibilities
- Troubleshoot, replicate, analyse, diagnose and solve customer issues that have been escalated by members of the Sophos Support Organisation, other Sophos Departments or Third Party Vendors
- Communicate directly with software engineering to help ensure timely and effective resolution of software issues and questions raised by the worldwide support teams.
- Share knowhow with colleagues, partners and customers. Use every occasion within or outside customer cases to disseminate knowledge and deflect future customer cases or escalations.
- Participate and lead regular and frequent meetings with development and product management to address and decide about product defects. Communicate status and results back to Service Delivery on a regular basis.
- Contribute to Sophos release processes by identifying product issues, by communicating product enhancements, by testing new versions, providing feedback and help creating technical training with a focus to continuously improve our products and avoid unnecessary cases or escalations.
- Be a customer ambassador who is passionate about creating a positive customer experience
- Record all activity in the departments call logging system and/or the developments defect tracking system. Adhere to SLAs, and document with a quality that others could seamlessly continue working on the case.
- Offer support, guidance and training to new starters within the worldwide Support organization
- Actively contribute to the development of new or changed processes and procedures
- Experience of installation, configuration and troubleshooting of Windows Desktop and Windows Server operating systems.
- Experience of installation, configuration and working with Mac OS, Unix or Netware.
- Experience in working with Active Directory
- Experience with Virtualization (MS System Center Virtual Machine Manger and/or VMWARE
- Experience in supporting Anti-virus software to end users and partners
- Experience with remediation of malware/viruses/Trojans
- Experience of supporting customers over the phone or via email within an IT environment
- Understanding of network protocols like HTTP, SMTP, FTP, SMB, DNS and DHCP
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Industry:IT-Software / Software Services
Functional Area:IT Software - Network Administration, Security
Role:Technical Support Engineer
Employment Type:Permanent Job, Full Time
Desired Candidate Profile
Sophos technologies Pvt Ltd