- Troubleshoot, replicate, analyze and diagnosis customer issues that have been escalated by the worldwide support teams.
- Communicate directly with GES Escalation Engineers to help ensure timely and effective resolution of software issues and questions raised by the worldwide support teams.
- Respond to internal support newsgroup postings, ensuring they are answered within departmental guidelines.
- Document and record all activities and communication with support staff or customers according to departmental standards of quality.
- Recording of all activities in the departments case logging system which needs to be updated so progress can be tracked for each incident.
- Produce technical articles based on support incidents / hot issues, to assist with the dissemination of technical knowledge.
- Contribute to Support Readiness processes by pro-active creation of knowledge articles prior to a new release.
- Liaison with other departments within Sophos to provide technical support input into development and testing of products.
- Offer support, guidance and training to new starters within the worldwide technical support, ensuring that all departmental standards are introduced and reinforced throughout.
- Contribute to product training creation provide technical details, test examples and documentation.
- Drive support requirements for future product enhancements, capturing and filtering requirements as required.
- Escalate software issues to members of the Sophos NSG Engineering and Product Management teams with standard defect tracking tools.
- Create proactive documentation including KBA, whitepapers and other articles.
- Assure fulfillment of service levels as defined in customers Service Level Agreements. Adhere to and supervise service levels specified; escalate in a timely manner to avoid SLA infringements. Develop
- measures to optimize customer support, both re-actively as consequence of infringements and proactively to avoid them.
- Ensure quality of documentation of all activities and status updates, allowing immediate takeover of problem ownership by others members of the GES team
- Participate in Beta program support if required.
- Carry out additional tasks as assigned.
To provide Technical Support to Sophos customers via either office based or on call (mobile phone) support at weekends and public holidays as per the departments on-call rota.
Skills & Experience
- Experience in a customer facing role
- Experience of supporting customers over the phone within an IT environment
- In depth experience of installation, configuration and troubleshooting of Windows and Linux servers
- In depth experience of configuration and troubleshooting general networking issues
- Experience in troubleshooting protocols like HTTP, SMTP, FTP, SMB, DNS and DHCP
- Understanding of TCP/IP and ARP to run packet traces and troubleshoot network issues
- Experience in configuration of Firewalls
- General understanding of VPN protocols such as IPSec, PPTP, SSL
- Experience in a team environment
- Experience of maintaining agents and queues associated to SLAs within a call routing system
- Experience of working to defined levels of service delivery
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Industry:IT-Software / Software Services
Functional Area:IT Software - Network Administration, Security
Role:Technical Support Engineer
Employment Type:Permanent Job, Full Time
Desired Candidate Profile
Sophos technologies Pvt Ltd