You will be the Senior IT Services Leader and must demonstrate excellent customer service, communications and have the ability to lead highly technical teams during high profile incidents. You must be able to effectively manage our internal customers ensuring that the agreed service levels are achieved.
You must have strong process knowledge and be able to define, implement, manage and improve the core processes used within IT such as Incident, Problem, Change and Knowledge Management. As the IT Services Organization is distributed globally you must be able to deliver real change globally whilst considering cultural differences and varied ways of working.
You will also be expected to manage projects within the IT Services Department and ensure objectives are meet across the organization.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Direct management of the Global Service Desk which comprises of a Team Leader and 11 Support Engineers based in Ahmedabad, India
- Provide Leadership to IT Service Organization including but not limited to, recruitment, objective setting and review, performance reviews, career development and coaching, resource scheduling and general administrative support.
- Management of the day-to-day responsibilities of First Level Support to Sophoss Internal Customers including queue management of Service Request, Incident and Problem Management Tickets. Manage and coordinate high impact, urgent and complicated support issues acting as escalation point including the management of the relevant communications processes to the business and Leadership Team.
- Working as part of the Leadership Team, be proactive in Continuous Service Improvement. Develop and mature relevant processes including Service Request, Incident and Problem Management in addition to policies and work instructions. Ensure that regular Service Desk feedback is reviewed, and all appropriate actions are documented, reported and resolved. Work with the business to develop long term partnerships that enable the business to achieve its objectives.
- Provide timely Management Information, at the agreed cadence or upon request, including understanding and analysis of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to the broader IT Team, Senior Leadership and Customers. Identify and implement actions where agreed targets are not achieved.
- Work with Senior Leadership, manage budgets including the planning and execution. Manage vendor relationships to ensure adherence to Service Level Agreements and contractual obligations.
- Represent the Global IT Services Team in meetings including, but no limited to Customer Meetings, Vendor Meetings, Project Management reviews and the Change Advisory Board.
- Manage and participate in projects as required, working to ensure that all targets are achieved.
- With closely with other members of the Global IT Service Team to ensure adequate levels of management are available for all Service Desks globally.
- Be part of an on-call structure
- Travel required to other Key Sophos sites globally (approx. 10%)
- Works closely with other members of the Global IT Team including the Infrastructure Services team and IT Solutions Team
- Reports to the Global Director of IT Services, Networks and Enterprise Engineering
- Experience managing a large team in a very diverse and de-centralized environment including international experience
- Over 5 years experiences in IT Leadership
- Over 5 years of Customer Service experience
- Experience implementing ITIL best practices (Incident, Problem, Change Management) in IT Service
- Strong Microsoft Office skills including solid presentation skills
- Extensive knowledge of ITSM Tools such as Jira and ServiceNow
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Industry:IT-Software / Software Services
Functional Area:IT Hardware, Technical Support, Telecom Engineering
Role Category:Technical Support
Role:Technical Support Manager
Employment Type:Permanent Job, Full Time
Desired Candidate Profile
Sophos technologies Pvt Ltd